Part-Time School Nurse (RN)
- Requisition #: 20000088
- Job Schedule: Part-time
- Location: Hershey, PA
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is currently seeking a part-time Registered School Nurse (RN) to provide acute and comprehensive health care to a diverse population of students from Pre-K to 12 grade. The unique and very child-centered structure of MHS’s Health Services programs enables nurses to focus where their heart is – on student care. At MHS, we seek to educate the whole child providing comprehensive health and wellness programs for our students. These include free medical and dental care. This is a year-round role and nurses are represented by Milton Hershey Education Association (MHEA). MHS do not offer benefits to part-time employees.
WORK SCHEDULE: We have the following part-time (up to 29 hours per week) positions available:
- RN Evening Shift: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- RN Day/evening Shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm & 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
- RN Night Shift: 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
*All part-time positions have an every 4th weekend (12 hour shift) requirement.
- PA Registered Nurse License required, Bachelor’s degree in nursing, preferred.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience, physical assessment, primary pediatric, school health and/or emergency nursing, and counseling skills.
- Valid license to practice as a registered nurse in PA, required.
- Valid PA Driver's license in good standing.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible regarding the work schedule is essential.
- Current CPR certification and advanced first aid training.
- School Nurse Certification a plus.
- Candidates should demonstrate high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for the MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with MHS students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.