Per-Diem CNA/Medical Assistant
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking part-time Per-diem Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) or Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) to join an amazing team at our Health Center. The MHS Health Center is staffed by Registered Nurses, Physicians, Certified Nursing & Medical Assistants and Staff Assistants that provides comprehensive health care to students from lower income families in an infirmary (40 beds) for ill, injured or postoperative students, as well as mental wellness services.
Current need is to work a minimum of 5 hours per week and two 8-hour weekend shifts in a 4-week scheduling period. Base pay rate: $16 an hour; 2nd shift at $17 an hour; 3rd shift at $18 an hour. Part-time employees do not receive benefits.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Valid current certification from a state approved Nursing or Medical Assistant training program or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as certified nursing assistant or medical assistant, required.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required. OSHA trained for blood-borne pathogens preferred.
- Valid PA driver’s license in good standing required.
- Physically able to lift and assist injured students.
- Experience working with a diverse workplace, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative and team environment in a busy and dynamic work setting.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered role models for MHS Students.