Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and, every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking full-time 2nd shift Custodians to join the Building Services team. The Building Services group pledges to provide a clean and healthy environment for the students and staff. In addition to overall administrative facilities cleanliness, the department provides assistance with event arrangements, daily operations and maintenance of all campus swimming pools, and our custodians are considered essential personnel to support during weather emergencies, and the summer scheduling of Student Residence building carpet cleaning.
MHS custodians are responsible to maintain campus buildings as assigned in a neat, clean and orderly condition, cleaning classrooms, shop areas, hallways, offices, gymnasiums, restrooms, locker rooms, and pool areas; emptying waste baskets and handling trash/recyclable. Also, they may be required to perform minor maintenance, assist in setups for meetings/events, unlock and lock buildings, assist with snow removal, etc.
Work schedule: 40 hours per week Monday - Friday 2nd shift from 3:30 pm - 12:00 am. Standard hours of operation may change due to seasonal or programmatic changes. This is a bargaining unit position with pay rate starting at $18.44 an hour plus shift differentials. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of experience in institutional cleaning.
- Valid PA driver's license in a good standing.
- Working knowledge of cleaning products & procedures.
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment, small tractors, gators or similar equipment and snow removal equipment, such as blowers.
- Custodians are considered essential personnel therefore required to be available for snow removal and other essential duties as assigned.
- Physically fit to lift/move items up to 50 pounds on regular basis.
- Minor maintenance and equipment repair ability a plus.
- Swimming pool certification a plus.
- Blood borne pathogen training a plus.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.