Part-Time Food Service Warehouse Worker
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve, and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a part-time Warehouse Utility Worker to join the Food Services growing team. This role provides general warehouse work organizing produce, goods and supplies for deliveries to the students and staff through the Food Services program. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Inventory Movement & Control, store deliveries in designated storage locations, product rotation using “FIFO” model.
- Transportation of food & freight to various locations, supplier pickups. Provide storeroom counts and inventory storage areas as assigned.
- Cleaning/sanitation duties including general housekeeping including stacking skids, sweeping, mopping, and scrubbing floors, disposal of trash and packing materials.
Regular work schedule will not exceed 29 hours per week Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and part-time employees will be scheduled as needed in order to meet the needs of the School.
Standard hours of operation may change due to seasonal or programmatic changes. Bargaining unit position with OPS-464. In addition to competitive pay, hourly pay rate starts at $15.63, part-time employees are offered free lunches in the student cafeterias, access to MHS fitness facilities and Hershey-are employee discounts.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year commercial Food Service experience and/or knowledge of a variety of food products used in commercial applications.
- Warehouse and/or inventory control experience preferred.
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing.
- Valid Forklift certification.
- Valid NSF Serv-Safe Certification or ability to obtain upon hire within six months.
- HACCP training or ability to obtain upon hire within six months.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of adults and students on a regular basis.
- Physically capable to lift and/or carry up to 50+ pounds on a frequent basis (60% of the time).
- Ability to maintain accurate records, understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of MHS Campus a plus.
- Candidate should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.
- Candidate should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.