Part-Time Weekend School Nurse
- Requisition #: 21000040
- Job Schedule: Part-time
- Location: Hershey, PA
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is currently seeking a part-time weekend Registered School Nurse (RN) to join an amazing team providing comprehensive health care to students from Pre-K to 12th grade. The unique and very child-centered structure of MHS’s Health Services programs enables nurses to focus where their heart is – on student care. At MHS, we seek to educate the whole child. We care about providing comprehensive health and wellness programs for our students. These include free medical, dental & psychological care.
The weekend nurse will work every other weekend (36 hours) Friday through Sunday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with occasional weekend night shifts at the Health Center. Nurses are represented by the Milton Hershey Education Association (MHEA) and we do not offer benefits for part-time employees.
- PA Registered Nurse License required, Bachelor’s degree in nursing, preferred
- Minimum of two years nursing experience, physical assessment, primary pediatric, school health and/or emergency nursing, and counseling skills
- Valid PA Driver's license in good standing
- Ability to function as an interdisciplinary team member and have health teaching skills
- Strong triage and clinical assessments skills required
- Current CPR certification and advanced first aid training
- School Nurse Certification a plus
- Candidates must demonstrate high level of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered to be role models for the MHS Students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.