Painter - Structural Trades Technician II
- Requisition #: 21000058
- Job Schedule: Full-time
- Location: Hershey, PA
Founded by Milton S. and Catherine Hershey, Milton Hershey School (MHS) is a home and school for almost 1,900 students from lower income. Working at MHS is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and, every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a full-time Structural Trades Technician II / Painter to join the team. The primary focus and expertise is on painting, drywall, wall coverings, etc. Other duties as assigned associated with maintaining over 200 buildings including student homes, staff/training apartments, academic buildings and administrative & support facilities within the 9,500 acres of School’s campuses. Work assignments will be based on the overall skills set of the Structural Technician II / Painter professional, however, this role is required to support any of the structural trade disciplines (carpentry, roofing, masonry, welding, flooring, etc.). The professional must demonstrate journeyman level knowledge by achieving a test score of at least 70% on a written examination and successful completion of a practical exercise.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday flex shift - The current need is for 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Any combination of the shift times listed below on a weekly basis depending on the needs of the department.
- 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- 4-10 hours shifts
This is a Bargaining unit OPS-464 position with a starting pay rate in the amount of $28.20 an hour (plus any shift differential) and after one year of probationary period, the hourly rate will be increased. In addition to competitive pay, full-time employees are eligible for an excellent benefits package. It includes paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and financial benefits.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of current experience in commercial and residential Painting and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance
- Or equal, 2 years of trade school and 3 years of current experience in commercial and residential Painting and general knowledge specific to facilities maintenance
- Valid PA Driver’s License in good standing (CDL Preferred, Class B)
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Ability to work with large equipment
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, particularly the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing demands and ongoing change
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft applications (word, outlook email, etc.), internet and other systems
- Candidates must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.