Part-Time (evening) CNA/Medical Assistant
- Requisition #: 21000065
- Job Schedule: Part-time
- Location: Hershey, PA
Working at Milton Hershey School (MHS) is much more than a job. Each employee helps shape the lives of the students we serve and every position at the school is designed to help our students thrive on campus and beyond. If that sounds fulfilling to you, MHS may be the perfect place for your next career move.
MHS is seeking a part-time evening shift Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join an amazing team in a diverse setting to positively impact the lives of youth! The evening shift is from 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm with up to 29 hours per week, including weekends and holidays on a rotation basis to support the department and students' needs.
Our CNAs & CMAs assist the registered nurses to provide high quality health care to MHS students in a 40-bed Health Center and in the three school-based clinics. This includes assisting with admissions & discharge procedures of students, as well as transporting and accompanying students to and from medical appointments off-campus including emergency room visits. CNAs & CMAs must maintain confidentiality and personal and professional accountability at all times while striving to provide high quality health care and programs that are "child-centered" consistent with the vision and mission of the School and the Student Health Services program. The minimum hourly rate starts at $16.15 plus shift differentials, and we do not offer medical benefits to part-time employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid current certification from a state approved Nursing Assistant training program or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1 year experience as certified nursing assistant
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Valid PA driver’s license in good standing required.
- OSHA trained for blood-borne pathogens
- Physically able to lift and assist injured students
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, databases, and office equipment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced work setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills required
- Experience working with children & youth preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Candidate should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Candidate should demonstrate a high of integrity, as all MHS Staff are considered role models for MHS Students.