Part-Time Behavior Support Specialist II
- Requisition #: 21000135
- Job Schedule: Part-time
- Location: Hershey, PA
Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Part-Time Behavior Support Specialist II (BSS-II) to assist with the provision of comprehensive behavioral management services to students and staff. The primary purpose of this position is to provide students with structured learning opportunities that promote essential skill development necessary for successful interpersonal relationships and management of their own behaviors.
The BSS-II position requires the ability to implement individual skill work and psychoeducational skills groups for students utilizing evidence based social and emotional learning materials for youth ranging in age from grades PreK-12. Structuring the environment, behavior modification, behavior prevention and crisis intervention strategies are crucial. High level of flexibility, time management, organizational skills and good judgment required. The current vacancy is to be placed at the Health Center and hours are flexible based on students' needs and up to 29 hours per week, but most hours would fall between:
- Monday to Friday 2 pm to 9 pm or 3 pm to 10 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 8 pm or 11 am to 10 pm.
- Summer Hours 8 am to 2 pm and 2 pm to 10 pm.
Position requires the ability to communicate and work effectively with others, teamwork and cooperation with other adults throughout the School. Essential to this position is an effective, collaborative approach to working with and supporting Sponsors, Scholastics, Home Life, and Student Health Services staff members. During the summer, the BSS-II provides Crisis intervention support and behavioral services programming through the YRE program. As the psychological climate of the School’s programs evolves, this position will assist in the provision of proactive recommendations and activities to provide for the ethical and appropriate comprehensive behavioral interventions. The interventions are meant to enhance the students’ learning, emotional, social and physical well-being. The Behavior Support Specialist position is represented by Milton Hershey School Association (MHEA). Part-time employees do not receive benefits.Qualifications:
- Master's degree in psychology or related field required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a professional behavior management or mental health setting with adolescents.
- Experience with diverse population of adolescents who come from low-income families a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including ability to influence and collaborate with both adolescents and adults required.
- Computer literacy required and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS students are considered to be role models for MHS students.